- SoffitGuard stops insects, bees, birds, rodents stink bugs and any other creature from getting into your attic at the eaves edge…….
- SoffitGuard eliminates water, snow, wind, ice, sleet and hail from penetrating the double thick plastic at the lower edge of your roof and eliminates gutter water penetration from leaking and entering inside your home……… drip edges DO NOT stop water!
- SoffitGuard optionally allows the ice membrane to smoothly transition down the fascia surface on top of the SoffitGuard to completely seal the roof system from all environmental and damaging occurrences from happening at the gutter edges. This is optional to extend it down the fascia but the ice membrane must be installed at least even with the SoffitGuard roof edge……..
- SoffitGuard protects the fascia board and when the gutter is installed, it never touches the wood fascia board preventing wood rot when metal gutters condensate. If gutters are not installed simply cover the SoffitGuard lower edge with aluminum flashing.
- SoffitGuard is a multi-use product. It can also span and seal side walls and dormers where the plywood is cut short and an ice membrane needs to be installed. Ice membrane requires a solid base material to support the membrane. It is optional to add a drip edge to the edge of the roof so rain water drips into the gutter.
- Displays for in-house presentations are available for a small cost. Please call to request a sample display (similar to the picture)
SoffitGuard – Plastic Drip Edge (Size 6” wide x 36” long x 1/8” thick with center bend at 3” entire length)
Use a Standard Utility Knife to Cut SoffitGuard to the proper length as needed.
- Ensure no shingles or ice shield are on the roof before the SoffitGuard is to be installed (can be retro-fitted if shingles are installed-please call). Apply the Product to the wood roof deck and the fascia board. Bending in the center with route facing the roof deck install half on the roof and half on the fascia board- 3” on roof and 3” on fascia board. Each piece is 36” long. Butt each SoffitGuard tightly to the previous piece. The gutter will be attached to the face of the SoffitGuard, so the SoffitGuard will be behind the gutter when complete protecting the wood facia board from gutter metal condensation and possible over flow of water. Remember, the route is installed against the roof joint where the roof & fascia meet. Use a utility knife (razor knife) to cut the SoffitGuard as needed. The following steps explain the installation in better detail.
- Fold SoffitGuard by hand so the route is inside the bending area. Begin at the rake edge of the soffit (end of soffit/fascia board). Apply tightly to the roof and fascia board so half is on the roof and half is on the fascia board. Nail SoffitGuard about 2” in from the edges and every 8” centered on each 3” flange (roof flange and fascia board flange).
- Use minimum 1-1/4” roofing nails to secure the SoffitGuard to the roof/fascia. The routed bend is towards the roof so it is not visible when nailing the SoffitGuard in place.
- Butt each piece tightly against the previously installed piece. Continue to the opposing end of the fascia board. Cut corners so the pieces butt tightly when turning the corners. The roof top flange is not required to be mitered (optional).
- Install ice shield or underlayment per the local building code over the rooftop flange. Optional to extend the ice shield down the 3” fascia board flange (if doing that nail every 8” through the fascia board flange of the SoffitGuard to hold the ice shield in place.
- Then install metal drip edge (optional, not required). And finally shingle with a 1” overhang at the roof edge so rain drips into the gutter.
- Install Guttering over the fascia board flange ensuring the SoffitGuard is hidden behind the guttering. Gutter screws penetrate through the gutter bracket, the gutter, the SoffitGuard and the wood fascia board.
SoffitGuards are available through most distribution channels and if not readily available we ask that you contact us directly @ 800-622-4455
The arrow above is indicating the source of almost every gutter leak issue. The easy installation of SoffitGuard can prevent this from happening.